(N.B. This is no place for shrinking violets.)
1. VERSATILE I’ve created B2B and B2C content for a range of sectors: business, beauty, apps, property, psychology, travel, e-learning, food, luxury lifestyle, FMCG, sustainability – practically the lot.
2. CONCEPTUAL With a background in art and design, I know that copy, typography and imagery work best as team players. I have worked as a Creative Director, copywriter, journalist, designer and marketer, so bring a broad range of skills to the party.
3. INTERNATIONAL I am a US and UK citizen and understand the subtle differences between British and American English and cultural sensibilities. I can create content for international audiences.
4. POSITIVE I’m an inspiring and collaborative influencer and manager. I care (a lot) and motivate my teams to pursue excellence and extend their skills. In my latest role, I was hired to manage the copywriting team, and within three months was overseeing the design team as well.
5. METICULOUS Some might say ‘pernickety’ (or ‘persnickety’ in America), but I prefer a more positive spin on editing and proofing.
6. INDEFATIGABLE I’ve been a roofer and a waitress, so obvs not averse to a little elbow grease.
7-10. (abridged – you haven’t got all day):
DEDICATED • ENTREPRENEURIAL • COLLABORATIVE • COMMERCIAL
Not to say I don’t have faults (you might want to hide the custard creams).